Sunday, September 30, 2012

Off With Their Heads!

Call me crazy.  But I need a head.  I have my own, but I want one on the wall.  (And I don't mean a weird shrunken head, I'm not that crazy.)  I mean an animal head bust, but I don't hunt.  I've been looking at some "animal friendly" busts.  I say animal friendly, because they're not real heads, they're either made out of paper mache, wood, or stuffing!  Either way, they're cool and I want one.

This carved moose head looks pretty realistic, and it would look awesome over our sofa.  It might be heavy though, so I'm not sure wood would be the best option over the sofa after all - I don't want it landing on MY head...



I like these white busts.



Dream Book Design mounted the head in a frame.  Which looks awesome, and they can change the fabric backing whenever the mood strikes!

And I do like these furry options, however, they're over $300, so these made the post purely as part of my daydream:

I might consider a grouping like the one below.

I'm not sure where I'm going to get a head or three. There are plenty of blog tutorials showing us how to make a paper mache head bust, but I'm not so sure about that.  I once made fruit out of paper mache, and let's just say it didn't look much like fruit when I was done, more like shrunken heads.  Paper mache animal bust might be a little too ambitious for me!

Guess I'm going to keep my eyes open.  Would it be weird to ask for a head for Christmas?