Thursday, July 26, 2012

A Little To-Do List

We're off on another adventure - camping for 10 days!  Before you go thinking I'm all rugged and stuff, we're not exactly roughing it, we have a pretty large camper!  It's not like I'll be cuddling up to a bear at night.  Actually, not having immediate internet access will be about as rough as it gets.

In between the shopping and packing for our trip, I've spent a little time thinking about all of the projects I have to finish when we return, and before the  end of summer.  I had great ambitions of having most of this done BEFORE our camping trip...  So I thought I'd at least better make a list, and put it down here, so that I don't lose it!  Kinda like, if my head weren't screwed on...

1.  Paint the kitchen chairs black.  I have 3 kitchen chairs which are in desperate need of an update.  Since my island is a distressed black, I think they would look good painted black too.

2.  Gorilla glue broken stool.  One of the stools in the kitchen is broken.  It's commonly refered to as "the wiggly stool".  Time to fix it once and for all.  (Before someone gets hurt).

3.  Paint both stools black.  The two stools to our kitchen counter need to be black.

4.  Hang up remaining pictures.

5.  Embellish the sheers.  The sheer curtains we put up when we moved in were a temporary fix.  But I love the way they let in the light, so I don't think I'm going to do much, except embellish them, with some cool ribbon, maybe glass beads, and tie backs... before another year goes by!  Here's a picture of what I'd like to do with ribbon or fabric:

Tied with a Bow

6.  Make a curtain for the back door.  I like some of the ideas at bizbudgetdesigns.com:

7.  Fix the tv cabinet.  This is really just another Gorilla Glue job.  Just have to remember to buy the glue - one of these days!

I'm sure I'll be adding to this list.  I still have quite a few projects left on my Big To-Do list (above) but I think most of it will be finished by September.  Maybe.  Hopefully.  Probably not.  Oh well, I will try.