Wednesday, November 27, 2013

A Little Christmas Garland

Christmas garland, garland, DIY garland, ornaments
 
I KNOW! Most people wait until after Thanksgiving before they decorate for Christmas, but I just can't help myself!

Not only have we strung some lights on the front porch - we built an outdoor Christmas tree for our front yard (tutorial here), we put a small artificial tree in the kitchen, I made a couple of wreaths, AND I made a couple of easy garlands.

I won't bore you with all of the details, but I will show you my favorite garland. Cuz it's so easy and cute.

The garland I like the best is simple. I found a box of 36 x 2" gold ornaments at Big Lots for $4. I took a roll of twine and just threaded the ornaments on. Every 6 inches I knotted the twine just to keep the ornaments from moving around too much.

(If you want to make something similar, I had to put a dab of hot glue on the end of the twine,
and twist it, to keep it from fraying when I threaded it through. Yes, it burns a little, but who needs finger prints?)

 
 
Nearer Christmas (or at least after Thanksgiving) I may "bling up" this little garland a little, but for now I like the rustic look. 

 
 
And, now that Thanksgiving is only a day away, it's safe to say I'll be decorating quite a bit more this coming weekend. Especially since we're all going out to the woods to get a tree on Sunday, AND, more importantly, Big A bought some Egg Nog!
 
It's a rule that you decorate for Christmas if you have egg nog in the house, isn't it? That's what I thought.
 
What about you? Have you started decorating for Christmas yet? 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cute! I do like the rustic look of just the ornaments and twine. Very country-ish. And yes, I'm certain there is an eggnog rule!