Are you getting tired of food on the BBQ? I know we are. But, when it's 100 degrees in the shade, there's not a lot you can do about it.
Trudge out to the grill and go for it.
But do me a favor? Make yourself some homemade pesto to serve with whatever you're grilling. Pesto goes waaaay beyond just serving over pasta.
Trust me, it goes with everything. Not to mention it will change up the flavor of your BBQing repertoire, so that you can handle some more food hot off of the grill.
And, frankly, you can used Pesto with anything ~ I'm trying really hard to think of something Pesto doesn't go with...
Ummmm. (hear those crickets?)
Grilled bread, grilled veggies, grilled fish, grilled seafood, grilled meats...
So whatcha waiting for?
Homemade Pesto (with Basil and Mint)
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (PLEASE use fresh Parmesan cheese! Okay, just promise you'll try!)
- 3 tablespoon good olive oil (or more for consistency)
- 1 tablespoon minced, fresh garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Add all of the ingredients to a mini-chopper, or blender, and blend until well chopped.
Ways to serve PESTO:
- Grill tons of veggies, and stir together with a few tbsp of pesto
- Thin pesto with olive oil and use as a dipping sauce for baguettes, or ciabatta bread
- Slather on grilled meats
- Thin pesto with olive oil and drizzle over grilled seafood or fish
- Marinate chicken or meats in pesto for a couple of hours and grill
- Marinate seafood or fish in pesto for half an hour and grill
- Stir a tbsp of pesto into your favorite grilled pizza sauce
Got any ideas of how to use Pesto? Leave me a comment and let me know!
Don't forget to subscribe to my newsletter! (Above)
If you would like to join in some fun link parties,
head on over HERE! So much inspiration!