Thursday, September 11, 2014

Cover a Wreath Hook

wreath hooks, cover wreath hook, paint wreath hanger

The kids are back in school, and I guess that means imminent Fall. (Big Sigh.)

I know tons of you are excited for the coming Autumn, but I'm one of those people who will go into the fall kicking and screaming (and cursing and spitting). 

The one saving grace for me: fall decor. I do like the autumn colors...
So there's that. 

First things first, I am excited to change up my wreaths. I've been working on them, and realized: Wreath hooks are helpful, but for the most part, they're boring. So, I decided to give mine a little somethin'.

I was going to spray paint the wreath hangers the color of my doors. But then, because I'm obsessed with Jute, and wanted a rustic look, I decided to wrap my hooks in jute twine. You could use ribbon, or burlap ~ whatever floats your boat. 

A word of caution, if you do wrap your hook, make sure to leave the top, so that you can close the door easily. (below)

wreath hooks, cover wreath hook, paint wreath hanger

Use a little hot glue to start the twine, and just wrap all the way to down the hook. Periodically, add a dab of glue to the hook, to keep the twine nice and tight.

Fishish with a little more hot glue, and cut any frayed or loose ends. 

wreath hooks, cover wreath hook, paint wreath hanger

Nice. I like it. 

The wreath hook doesn't stick out like a sore thumb anymore. (I'll show you what it looks like with my wreath in my next post, so stay tuned for that!) 

Also, for another wreath hanging option, check out this POST

Do you have any fall projects in the works? Any cool life-hacks that you'd like to share? Please do! 

HEY! Please don't forget to subscribe to my newsletter! (Above) 

Also, if you would like to join in some fun link parties, click HERE

2 comments:

Erlene said...

I like it. I just have an ugly 3M hook on my door..shhh.

Unknown said...

Erlene ~ at least you don't see it when there's a wreath hung! They're small enough!

Julia