Monday, March 24, 2014

FUN Bathroom Sign (Wash Your Hands)

DIY sign, wash your hands sign, bathroom sign

I have teenagers.

One of my greatest joys is causing them to roll their eyes, and in fact, I consider it my job, as their mother.

My take on my role as a parent wasn't always this warped. When I became a mother I looked at motherhood through rose-colored glasses. I could picture myself ~ a role model to my children through the years ~ the woman the children saw as their brave and noble heroine. They would gather around me, hoping I would dispense warm hugs along with invaluable advice...

Yeh right. That lasted until they were 7. Now I simply settle for getting their attention on occasion.

But I try to rise to every challenge. I'll win their attention any way I can, and I've found the best way is usually through irritation.

Oh, the joys of motherhood!

One perfect example of this is the day I painstakingly made a canvas covered in Pitbull lyrics, and hung it on the wall ~ as a simple and effective reminder to my children of how their mother is old and out of touch. (here)

Similarly, this week I found a zombie "wash your hands" printable (here).  I immediately thought of ruffling my kids feathers, so I downloaded and printed it, on regular old printer paper. 

(Unless you're 13 to 15, there's nothing WRONG with this cute printable. It's funny and quirky. However, I just KNOW it will elicit dramatic eye rolling and sighing in my house. Aaaaand, my work will be done.)

So here it is: 

DIY sign, wash your hands sign, bathroom sign

Once printed, I cut off the white edge and taped it onto a piece of "zombie green" craft paper, which I then popped in an old frame and hung it in the kids bathroom. 

DIY sign, wash your hands sign, bathroom sign

Let the adoration begin.  

Oh, and by the way ~ the frame was old, and the little hanger had fallen off of the back. Not to worry!!! I (to further the torment of my kids) used a pop-top.


LIKE SO:

DIY sign, wash your hands sign, bathroom sign

DIY sign, wash your hands sign, bathroom sign

Just an easy fix in case you need to hang something and don't have the right supplies!

Do your teens worship you? Or, like me, on some days, are you just happy to be tolerated? 

Leave me a comment! I'd love for you to follow along on FB, Pinterest, OR 

Don't forget to subscribe to my newsletter! (Above) 

Also, if you would like to join in some fun link parties, head on over HERE

23 comments:

Rory a.k.a. Teenager said...

-_- really

Mindie Hilton said...

Oh my I needed a laugh. With two young boys, I need this sign lol. If you have not shared at Bacon Time linky yet, I would love for you to do so! Have a great week.

Unknown said...

Rory (13 year old son of said teenagers) ~ you, my friend, are grounded! Ok, only joking!

Mindie, Thanks for being here and I will be over asap!

Julia

Nic @ uglygreencouch.net said...

I love this! For a long time I had a biohazard sign in my bathroom. I think the bathroom is a fun and unexpected place to get creative with decor.

Susan at TheBoredZombie.com said...

Ha! Zombies!

Unknown said...

Nic, I agree! Biohazard would be a great word for the kids bathroom! LOL!!!

Susan - As the Bored Zombie, you HAVE to print off the sign for your daughter! :-)

Julia

Erlene said...

Love this sign. I think my kids would get a kick out of this sign. My teens roll their eyes at me and shake their heads at me a lot...lol.

Unknown said...

Erlene, my 5 year old likes it and I think the older kids secretly do! I am glad I'm not the only one who gets "eye rolled"! :) Julia

Simply Tasheena said...

Love this sign!!

Unknown said...

Thank you ODH!!! Julia

Amy @ Marvelous Mommy said...

Hahaha omgosh I love this sooo much! I need one now! Thanks for linking up with us at the Create Link Inspire party!

Unknown said...

Amy, yes! Everyone needs one!!! :-) Julia

Emily said...

That is hysterical! I need some kind of sign for my bathroom.... except the person I need it for most can't read yet!

Unknown said...

Emily - my 5 year old can't read and told him it said "wash your hands", buut I didn't tell him it had the word "zombie" in it, so he won't be afraid to go in the night! LOL! Julia

Unknown said...

Ha! I laughed out loud! Very creative! ~Kelly @ Eyes On The Source

Cybele @ BlahBlah said...

This is hilarious! I want one x

Vicki Lesage said...

Love it! I'm all about the ZA so I'm totally going to have to do this. Pinned!

Katherines Corner said...

I love this!!!!! Thank you for sharing your lovely blog at the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop xo
P.S. great tip on the pull tab

Unknown said...

Thank you all for stopping by! I had to share this silly printable - just makes me laugh too! :) Julia

Sonnet said...

Too Cute! I would love for you to share at Link It Or Lump It if you have not already! http://www.sohosonnet.com/link-it-or-lump-it/link-it-or-lump-it-link-party-32/

Unknown said...

Thank you Sonnet! Julia

Alyssa Curto said...

This is so hilarious! I hope it works well. I just wanted to let you know that I am linking to this post on 4/2 at www.simply-creative-living.com if you don't mind.

Unknown said...

Thank you Alyssa! I appreciate you linking me! Julia