I have a large basement (an office, a wardrobe, and two closets) holding the things I need to keep me amused. I don't like being bored, so I
hoard collect wood pallets, empty wine bottles, jars, spray paint, furniture, picture frames, canvases... I figure I will need them eventually.
Take the plastic bag full of paint sticks ~ I needed them just yesterday.
How else would I have made a summery flag to hang on the front porch? There's a method to the madness!
If you also have a collection of paint sticks, follow along ~ this would be a fun thing to do with the kids.
- Line the sticks up and glued two paint sticks on the back to hold the "flag" steady. I had to cut the two down, using a utility knife.
- Use the hot glue to attach a length of twine as a hanger. (see the picture)
- Paint the paint sticks grey, green and white, or whatever colors you like. Obviously, red, white and blue would be perfect too. Let the flag dry.
- Draw on the starfish shapes. Alternatively, use real starfish, stickers, etc...
- Stencil or freehand any phrase you like.
- When the paint dries, sand it down to give it a weathered look.
- Spray with clear poly spray paint, to keep it from the real weather.
Here it is hanging on one end of my front porch. Love it.
Even my husband Big Al sees the genius behind my collections. (Either that or he's on the phone calling the A&E producers of "Hoarders".)
What are YOU collecting?
Don't forget to subscribe to my newsletter! (Above)
If you would like to join in some fun link parties,
head on over HERE! So much inspiration!