I've started Spring Cleaning!
Okay, perhaps that's a slight exaggeration ~ I cleaned one of the shower heads, in one of the bathrooms. C'mon, that totally COUNTS!!!
I hate cleaning, but THIS is more of a Life Hack. And I love life hacks. I love the term life hacks. :-)
Life hack refers to any productivity trick, shortcut, skill, or novelty method to increase productivity and efficiency, in all walks of life; in other words, anything that solves an everyday problem of a person in a clever or non-obvious way.
OK, so let me set the scene and then I'll get on with it: The kids bathroom has a shower head that is completely clogged up with minerals and deposits. The kids don't complain, but when I clean the bathroom, I've noticed that the some of the little holes don't spurt water, and the ones that do, aren't doing it very well.
So last week Big A and I were at Home Depot (on one of our many romantic afternoons). We were in the bathroom section looking at shower doors and Big A mentioned that he was going to buy a new shower head for the kids bathroom.
"Nooooo!" I screamed (with perhaps just a little too much drama). "I can clean it. I promise." To this, Big A rolls his eyes, and mumbles "whatever", and continues shopping, thinking he will have to come back to buy a new shower head. (He has no faith.)
But I did it, and the shower head is back to its like-new working order. Plus, I didn't even have to remove the shower head. Impressive, eh?
Here's how to clean a shower head and get the water flow back to it's original free flowing splendor.
1. Half-fill a baggie with CLR (link below if you don't know what this is). OR, to avoid chemicals, fill your baggie with plain white vinegar.
2. Use a twist tie to secure the baggie to the shower head, so that the end is submerged in the CLR or the vinegar.
3. Leave this on the shower head for 3 hours or overnight.
4. Remove the baggie and drain the contents. Give your shower head a wipe with a sponge, and run the warm water for a minute.
5. Enjoy a full day feeling Zestfully clean!
I would love to know your favorite life hack?
Please don't forget to subscribe to my newsletter! (Above)
Also, if you would like to join in some fun link parties, click HERE