Thursday, April 11, 2013

DIY Mirror Update

It's been a rainy, cold day here in Central New York. Everyone in my house has been napping, and it's dark and dreary.

As I sat staring at the peanut butter cookies on the counter, I decided to do something to amuse myself, other than eat the peanut butter cookies that are sitting on the counter. Great willpower, eh?!

Yesterday I made a sunburst mirror for my sister (go here), and mentioned the possibility of adding some "bling" to a sunburst. Well, I have a sunburst, and I love it, but it's a little plain for me. (go here).  And since I have nothing to lose, and nothing better to do... I thought, "glue gun".

This is what my sunburst mirror looked like an hour ago:

 
I added a few of these little mirrors and some colored glass stones:
 
 
And here's what it looks like now:


 
 I like it even better now. Now if the real sun would burst out, I would love some energy to do something other than play with the hot glue gun! C'mon Spring!!!
 
(Excuse photos, it is seriously dark and nasty!) 

11 comments:

bj said...

Your clock went from awesome to magnificent in that short time. Love it...good job.
Over from Honeysuckle...and am looking for a spot to follow your blog but.....????? can't find it.

The Honeysuckle Bus Stop said...

Hey chick! This is SO neat!! Thanks for sharing at Moonshine Monday!! Please don't forget to include a permalink back to the party! Have a wonderful week!

Unknown said...

Hi BJ! Thank you! You can follow by email (in the left hand side bar, below amazon ad)

Unknown said...

Hey there! Thank you for stopping by, I linked you up in the bottom link parties!

Rita said...

I like it better now too! Thank you for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous mirror! Adding the smaller mirrors was a great idea!

Navy Wifey Peters @ Submarine Sunday Link Party
http://www.usscrafty.blogspot.com/2013/04/submarine-sunday-27_14.html

Unknown said...

Thank you!

Stacy said...

What a brilliant way to dress up your mirror! I really like it!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for stopping by!

Krystie said...

love this! I am so making one and becoming a new follower!

Unknown said...

Thank you Krystie! Glad to have you!