Friday, April 26, 2013

A Spring Wreath & A Wine Bag

They go together, really, they do!

BUT...
Before I get to making a wreath,
I had to show you my forsythia,
plucked from my sisters yard,
and forced to bloom in my hallway!
 
 
  NOW TO YOUR SCHEDULED PROGRAMMING:


After a little glitch this week with the computer and a Trojan Horse (who apparently was living in my hard drive), I was a little stressed out. So what is a girl to do but go shopping?

It wasn't a big shopping trip - no Potter Barn, no Pier 1, not even Target -  it didn't involve garage sales, or thrift stores or estate sales, or antique fairs. Nope, in true cheap thrifty fashion, I headed to the Dollar Tree.

Lame, I know, but the Dollar Tree did help me get a little bit of Spring on my front porch.

(I have some pansies, and I did lug and place all the pots and furniture to the porch, however, they all need plants and flowers, and I'm not quite ready yet!)

So, I thought I could at least accomplish a WREATH.

Unfortunately, the Dollar Tree didn't have a large twig wreath, as I was hoping, but they did have smaller sizes, so I bought two.  


I also found some bright pink fake flowers - the two tiny little bunches looked okay, especially if deconstructed - and by deconstructed, I mean cut up with toddler scissors.

With my Glue gun and a little ribbon I was done in half an hour.


So what do you think? I kinda like the simple pink, but I wonder if I should add some greenery?  We will see, things have a way of changing around here.


Now to hang, I used a command hook on the inside of the door. Don't worry, if you do this, it doesn't look so obvious from the inside of the room, but its the easiest way (for me) to hang a wreath.


Now, Spring also means it's Mothers Day SOON!  I know it's not about gifts, but I love being able to do a little something for my Mom, and my Mother-in-Law, and any of my fave Moms... Here are a couple of cool ideas I ran across this week, maybe they would work for your Mom!

I was on Pinterest and saw this cute work bench for a gardener, handymom (oh yeah!), or DIYer... At $69 it's a steal! PLUS, it's got 299 reviews, at 4.6 out of 5 stars! 




How about wine? Or better yet, a wine bag!  Now, I'm in no way implying that my gorgeous mother drinks boxed wine, but if you happen to know a Mom that likes a glass of wine, what's better than this? Seriously, take it on the boat, on picnics, to the mall:




He, he!  Now, I know you love making things for Mom - for a more homemade kinda day, head over to Setting for Four for the cutest homemade gifts ever! I love all of the cute projects there, especially the coasters. Go check it out, or of course, you could make your mom a Dollar Tree wreath!
 
Have a wonderful weekend!
 
 
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

My Doggie, Winnie, and I were featured! YAY!

12 comments:

Kim said...

Cute idea, linking them both together...me likey! Thinking I may try this! Thanks.

Tammy said...

Cute! Thank you for sharing this at Rustic Restorations Weekend!

Amy of While Wearing Heels said...

How funny that you got your retail therapy at the dollar tree. I love projects that I can easily copy and don't need to invest an arm and a leg while doing it!

Neja said...

Hi! I'm following you now, can you follow me too?
http://itislovelyfood.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Thank you guys for stopping by! :-)

Jenna said...

Adorable wreath! Love it! Jenna @ Rain on a Tin Roof

Unknown said...

Thank you Jenna! I think it's going to get an upgrade today, I want it brighter and more visible.

Danielle said...

Such sweet wreaths! Thanks for sharing them at Silver Pennies Sundays!

Unknown said...

I love your wreaths! What a great idea, and they look fabulous! Thank you so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent this week. Happy Friday!!

Hugs
Kathy

The Cottage Market {Andrea} ♥ said...

Loving the wreath but the pup steals the show : ) LOL!!!! thanks for sharing with us...hugs to all and to that fabulous pup!!!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much! And thank you for the feature - I will tell Winnie (doggie) that she is famous! LOL

Unknown said...

Thanks Kathy!