Yes, I'm on Pinterest again. It's just so darn addicting and fun and inspiring! However, I realize it could bankrupt me in a hurry if I decide to try and make or build or buy everything I am interested in! Similarly, I could gain 30 lbs just looking at the food... but that's another story.
I find myself pretty broke this month SO I set out to find 7 projects I can do this coming week that cost NOTHING. Okay, let me be more specific, I set out to find projects that don't require me to BUY anything!
I came up with a few ideas, and I have everything I need here in the house.
1. Take an old mirror and put on sticky letters and paint, and peel off the letters, like so:
I have two mirrors and some vinyl letters with which I'm going to attempt this project.
2. Find a free font site, use colored or cool craft paper, and print up favorite quotes, song lyrics, or whatever, and put in an old frame. If the frame is ugly or less than appealing, give it a quick coat of spray paint or wrap it in ribbon.
3. Give clear candle holders or wine glasses some bling with a thin coat of elmers glue and glitter for a "new" candle holder.
4. I have to do this! Just use paint stirrers (sticks), and stain them, or paint them. Glue them around an old ugly lamp shade!
5. Paint picture frames for the stairway, so that they all match and look antique. I have to do a little more research on this as I would like my frames to be black with a teeny tiny bit of red or gold showing through... but this picture shows the effect I want.
6. I have a lot of picture frames and Iove the idea of framing family recipes for the kitchen like these below:
So, let's see how I get along. Where is that glitter?