Wednesday, August 22, 2012

531 words about Not Much

I'm sitting here trying to figure out what to write about, because, frankly, for the last few weeks days it's been all about spending time with the kids cuz they're back to school soon.  Instead of me getting some work done at home, we've been here:

[caption id="attachment_434" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Owasco Lake, NY[/caption]

 

I haven't accomplished much at all around the house, and don't have any pictures of finished DIY projects.  The good thing is, I'm aware of my faults, and I admit I have the unfortunate personality trait of starting one thing, getting distracted, moving on, starting another, etc.  So, although we haven't even been home much, being true to myself, I've made several starts on some DIY this week.

I'm going to show you, because: a.) I feel guilty, and want to come clean, and b.) I think I'm secretly hoping someone will pay for me to go to counselling.  There's probably a fancy word for what I have, like, "Distractivitis Flutterbrain". 

Anyway, without further ado, here's what I'm working on (or NOT as the case may be!) :





The picnic table is new, and I (we) did manage to stain it, as well as spray paint the wrought iron set.  However, I still have yet to do anything else with them with regards to decorating them.  I gave a half hearted browse around a dollar store for some outdoor tablecloths and/or outdoor vases etc.  However, that's as far as I got.



The above is a picture of a small corner of the garden.  You know, if you think about it, when that grass gets high enough, you won't even know it's not meant to be there.  Right!?   Okay, well, maybe that doesn't make sense.  Yes, I said Big A had helped weed, and we got quite a bit done.  However, we didn't finish, and now the weeds are baaaack.  The garden weasel was brooooken.  And we didn't buy any muuuulch.  SO, there's thaaaat.



Oh, and this is a goody (above)!  These are kitchen towels, that I found at the dollar store.  See, I got something done that day!  I want to make outdoor cushions for the tables, using the towels.  However, I forgot to get fabric glue, and the towels now sit on my kitchen counter.  (I'm sure the kids have been wiping their hands on them.  The nerve!!!)


A big favorite of Big A's!  I'm saving toilet paper rolls.  I keep trying to explain to him that there are tons of toilet paper tube art ideas out there!  He won't even google it!  Men!

 

Below is one of the kitchen chairs.  Budget permitting we are buying a high top kitchen table to replace my current table and chairs.  However, so far the budget isn't budging, and I have to put up with embrace the current set up.  I have the plastic sheeting set up in the back yard, but as yet, no one's spotted me out there painting.

So, as you can see, I'm very busy at beginning lots of things, but completing nothing.  However, I like to look on the bright side - at least I'll have LOTS to write about when the kids go back to school!

No comments: