Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Will our yard ever be the same???

I also mentioned that after the foundation was all set, our yard look like something out of "Apocalypse Now"!  So, although I was over the moon that our project had begun, this was my beautiful yard surrounding the foundation:



 

 

 

 

 

And this was our view of the front yard:

[caption id="attachment_64" align="alignleft" width="300" caption="Isn't it pretty?!"][/caption]

 

 

 

 

 

 

At the time I was certainly a little shocked at the state of our land, and wondering if our property would ever look the way it did before we had a bulldozer party!  However, we bravely put our blinders on and let the crew do their work.  What else could we do? The house went up

and the soil was redistributed so that the property had a faint resemblence to its former self...

And lo and behold, here we are a year later, and we do have a yard again.  We do have a "weed lawn" which we can mow, and we have trees and some bushes.  When we moved in my husband did roll the dirt to make it as even as we could, and we bought a few bags of grass seed for the very front yard, and it doesn't look too bad.  In fact, I don't think you'd guess this was the same property based on the pictures above.  (I'm telling you this, because I don't want you to think your lawn will never recover.  You can rest assured, that it will bounce back, and landscaping and planting are in your future!  But more on that another day!)

[caption id="attachment_73" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Work in progress!"][/caption]