Monday, January 12, 2015

River Rock Centerpiece



B.O.R.E.D.

Like so bored I was contemplating sweeping. Seriously. That's bored.

What was I going to do?

In order to avoid what clearly would have been soul-destroying, I went down to the basement and grabbed a piece of wood and gave it a little grey paint.  


Grey or gray? I'm going with grey ~ it seems a way cooler spelling, doesn't it?

Grey to start, and then I let it dry.  

(**Crickets chirping**)

Once dry, I spread on some white paint.  

This was very meticulous work, as you can see below. 


Joking.  I slapped it on there, and let it dry again. 

All the while, I managed to avoid doing any mind-numbing housework. 
I reassured myself that I was busy! 


Like most crazy DIY bloggers, I have 12 bags full of river rocks, so I grabbed them, and these cute little candle holders. I toyed with the idea of gluing it all together, but then I heard:

"Put the glue down Jules." (That was my smart twin.)


So I did this:


All in all it was a fairly productive afternoon.  I made a new centerpiece, and I successfully managed to avoid the housework. And that was the whole point.

What do you do when you're bored? Tell me I'm not the only grown-up that will do just about anything to avoid housework... please. 

No comments: