A BIG THANK YOU to Kim at Exquisitely Unremarkable and to The Whimsical Peacock for the Liebster Award Nomination! For those that I've nominated my questions for you are below. Thank you all and have a wonderful day!
1. What is the main focus of your blog?
DIY, home décor, crafts, and a few recipes thrown in. (Of course there are some stories of "fails", and sarcasm from my loving hubby and kids).
2. What is your favorite candy?
I don't have a big sweet tooth, but I do like Heath Bars and gummies.
3. Fiction or Non-fiction?
Historical Fiction, is my favorite, but I also like crime and horror.
4. What is your favorite season? Why?
Summer. I love it hot and sunny. We live in the "Finger Lakes Region" of NY , and are lucky to be included on my parents boat in the summer. We go out with the family, park it in the middle of the lake, eat snacks, swim and play music. Hanging with the family in the summer is just so relaxing. I like BBQ's and camping, sitting around a fire.... Ahhh, c'mon summer - get here!
5. Are you an animal momma?
We have a crazy cat, who is more like a Tasmanian devil, named Sammie. We have and even crazier yellow lab who is 2, named Winnie.
6. Do you like to cook? If so, what is your favorite dish to prepare?
I LOVE to cook and I used to own a catering company. Ironically, I stink at baking! (With a capitol S.) I used to hire a baker for that part of catering. I don't really have a favorite dish to prepare. But the guys in my family like me to cook Beef Wellington. I could spend hours in the kitchen. (Funny aside - unlike Kim who nominated me, I can not stand pizza! I do like chicken wings tho!)
7. What is your favorite movie?
Gone With the Wind. Historical and sappy!
8. What did you find most surprising about blogging?
There's a lot more to do on the computer side of things. I used to read blogs about cooking and DIY and thought the blog authors spent their days creating... but that's about 20% of my time, compared to how much time I spend on the computer.
9. What sport/ activity did you do in school?
Soccer was my thing. I also played softball.
10. What was your most frivolous purchase?
Nothing really. I'm pretty frugal. The other day my hubby and I were discussing what we would buy if we won the lottery (not likely as we don't play), and he said he would buy a new motorcycle. I was thinking "I could go to the Thrift Shops whenever I wanted"! (Sad, I know). I do, however, have a little problem with cowboy boots and shoes.
11. What is the one thing you will not leave the house without?
A sweater. I'm always cold.
11 (random and in no particular order) facts about me:
- My hubby and I have five kids, aged 5 to 23.
- I met my hubby in 1st grade, where he used to bully me for having a Woody the Woodpecker Lunchbox - so I used to eat with the nurse in order to avoid him.
- I'm addicted to coffee. And coleslaw. (Sad, but true).
- I have a degree in Television Production, and worked for the BBC in London.
- Country music is the only music I listen to (However, I do like Pitbull, and my kids say "of course you like the creepy old rapper").
- I am 5'3" and my hubby is 6'3". Therefore, I almost ALWAYS wear heels.
- We built our house almost 2 years ago, and we still have boxes to unpack in the basement.
- I have the best family and in-laws in the world.
- If I could live anywhere, I would move to Jekyll Island, Georgia. (But I wouldn't move cuz all of our awesome family lives here - we go there every Spring Break instead.)
- My favorite meal would be Lobster with melted butter. Yes, that's a meal to me.
- I can't stand folding laundry.
Andi at Delusions of Ingenuity
Karen at Bargain-ista
Rebecca at Living Better Together
Nicki at Sweet Parrish Place
Chelsea at AmeriAus
Here are 11 questions for my nominees:
1. When did you start your blog, and why?
2. If you could have a whole day to yourself, what would you do?
3. Who is your hero?
4. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
5. What's your favorite song?
6. What is your favorite meal?
7. What is your favorite junk food?
8. Coffee or Tea?
9. Do you have a claim to fame?
10. What was your biggest "fail" in blogging, and did you laugh or cry?!
11. What is your best tip to help your fellow bloggers?