Wednesday, November 14, 2012

The Washing Machine

Twas the night before Wednesday, when all through the house Not a creature was stirring, not even my spouse. The pizza was stuffed in the oven with care, In hopes that Daddy soon would be there.

The children were looking cool in their threads, While visions of dinner danced in their heads. And me in my recliner, and the cat in my lap, Had just settled my brain for a long night cap.

When out in the laundry room there arose such a clatter, I sprang in my boots to see what was the matter. Away to the laundry room I flew like a flash, Tore open the door and landed with a splash.




The children afraid of this possible foe, Gave shrieks and hid below. When, what to my wondering eyes should appear, a giant hole in the washing machine, and eight gallons of water all over the scene.





To be continued........ 

(Clearly I've lost my mind, but tomorrow I will post on buying a new washer/dryer combo in case you too are buying your family appliances for Christmas!!!)