Sunday, June 3, 2012

Mix and (don't) Match!

When you're looking at your kitchen cabinets and floor, don't be afraid to mix it up!

I think a lot of people want to match the cabinet wood to the wood floor.  But if you look at yesterdays post about laminate floors,  you'll see two different colors of laminate, and if you put them together, they bring out the texture and beauty in one another.



 

 

 

 



 

 

 

 

That was how I chose my kitchen cabinets and laminate floor.  I love the contrast of  the light and dark.  The light colors of the cabinets, are pretty, and blend in with the lighter walls, which draw your eyes to the dark island.  (I loved that island, so I wanted it to stand out.)



 

 

 

 

The contrast of the three woods warm up the large kitchen:  light cabinets, dark floor, and distressed black island.



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: