Monday, January 11, 2016

Decorate an Ugly Candle

twine DIY, twine craft, diy candle

I like scented candles, especially during the colder months, but I don't like the boring vases they're plunked into. So I generally take a few minutes to cover them up. Here's one easy way to change it up a bit. 


Grab your supplies: your candle, twine, glue gun, glue sticks. Pop a glue stick in your glue gun, and let it heat up for a minute or two. 


Loosen the twine, so that you're ready to rock and roll. 


Start with a drop of hot glue at the bottom of the vase and place the twine on the dot of glue. Here's where you have to be brave. You have to hold the twine in the hot glue for a minute until it dries. This kinda smarts.  But if you're not as stupid brave as me, you can hold the twine in the hot glue with the tip of a knife. 

(Seriously, use something to hold the twine in place, the glue is hot.) 


Once you've secured the twine, you can start wrapping the twine around the jar or vase. I put little dots of glue as I go, to keep the twine in place. 


Keep wrapping and gluing right up to the top, or you can leave a little glass showing at the top. 


I think it looks much prettier. 


1 comment:

hogmu said...

Thanks for the DIY! Very creative!