Toward the end of summer, I get bored with grilled food. Do you? If so, this is a
quick and delicious dinner that you can make in no time, so that your kitchen
doesn't get over-heated.
Fish Patties with Spicy Mayonnaise
- 2 lbs boneless white fish, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 small fresh red chili, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup unsalted peanuts, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 3 teaspoons red curry paste
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
For the Fish Patties
For the Spicy Mayonnaise
- Process the fish through the egg until smooth.
- Transfer into a bowl and stir in the peanuts.
- Roll rounded tablespoons of the mixture into balls and flatten slightly into patties.
- Deep fry in hot oil in batches until browned and cooked through. Drain on paper towels if you wish.
- Meanwhile, make the mayonnaise: mix the mayo, shallot, curry paste, chopped coriander, lime juice and 1 tsp of sugar. Make sure it's mixed well and chill if desired until the fish patties are cooked.
Serve with a big salad with an Asian dressing and you're good to go!
For an awesome Asian style dressing click HERE. (and scroll down)